Close Menu
News Guide Africa
    What's Hot

    Coronavirus disease 2019

    May 19, 2026

    Pra River Turns Gold: residents cry out over devastating galamsey impact

    May 18, 2026

    Data Is the New Gold — But Most Nations Are Still Digging With Shovels

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Coronavirus disease 2019
    • Pra River Turns Gold: residents cry out over devastating galamsey impact
    • Data Is the New Gold — But Most Nations Are Still Digging With Shovels
    • “Hands Off GoldFields”: veteran journalist slams IEA ‘populism’ over Tarkwa lease renewal
    • 8000 annual fiber cuts prompt radical ‘Dig-Once’ policy shift
    • Ghana targets 70% 5G coverage by 2027 as industry leaders push for inclusive mobile credit
    • Ghana exits IMF financing program, pivots to ‘Policy Coordination’ era
    • Investor exodus and “danger zone” taxes threaten regional mining dominance
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    News Guide Africa
    • Home
    • News
    • Politics
    • Agric and Environment
    • Sports
    • Mining & Energy
    • Lifestyle
    News Guide Africa
    Home » NCA clarifies SIM deactivation exercise amidst telcos cry of revenue lose
    Agric and Environment

    NCA clarifies SIM deactivation exercise amidst telcos cry of revenue lose

    Adnan AdamsBy Adnan AdamsDecember 3, 2022No Comments3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Adnan Adams Mohammed

    The National Communications Authority (NCA) has come out to clarify the hanging pertinent issues concerning the fate of those individuals who do not have their Ghana cards as at now.

    It said, individuals yet to obtain their Ghana Card will not be affected by the ongoing SIM deactivation.

    The telecommunication companies, last week announced that subscribers who have failed to complete the biometric stage of registration will have some services disconnected. The services to be blocked are; voice, data (Mobile, phones, mifis, other data providing devices), SMS (incoming and outgoing) USSD, mobile money services and emergency services.

    “For those who do not have their Ghana cards and have not been able to register, those people will be exempt from any punitive measures pending the NIA giving them their Ghana card,” the Director for Consumer & Corporate Affairs at the NCA, Nana Defie Badu, noted in an interview, last week.

    She explained further that her outfit was opened to help address the concerns of the general public and their inability to register their SIM cards.

    “We acknowledge that there are some people who actually got to the stage where they actually linked the sim to the Ghana card but unfortunately, after doing that their Ghana card were either lost, damaged or through no fault of theirs, they could not proceed to do stage two.

    “So, for these people, we have actually asked that they should engage the NCA by calling our toll-free number. After we do an investigation and verify the issue, these people will also be put on the exclusion list pending them getting their Ghana cards reissued to them,” she said.

    Consequently, the Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications, Dr Ken Ashigbey, has said the blocking of some 9 million unregistered SIM cards will have a toll on the revenue of mobile network operators in the country.

    Dr Ashigbey explained that if each of the nine million subscribers spends, at least, GHS20 every month on all the various networks; that’s a huge revenue loss.

    That notwithstanding, the blocking of SIMs has to be done even though it is worrying, he said.

    Since November 20, the telecommunications companies in Ghana have been blocking data services for subscribers who have only linked their Ghana Card and SIMs (Stage 1) but have not captured their biometric data (Stage 2) as part of the SIM registration process as directed by the Ursula Owusu-Ekuful-led Ministry of Communications and Digitalisation

    Ghana Card Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications Minister for Communications and Digitalization NCA SIM Re-registration
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
    Adnan Adams
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Pra River Turns Gold: residents cry out over devastating galamsey impact

    May 18, 2026

    8000 annual fiber cuts prompt radical ‘Dig-Once’ policy shift

    May 18, 2026

    Ghana targets 70% 5G coverage by 2027 as industry leaders push for inclusive mobile credit

    May 18, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    BREAKING: Another helicopter crashes in Kenya, Several Feared Dead

    August 7, 20251,866

    Alpha Energy to begin works on Namibia’s largest offshore diamond mines in October

    September 14, 2024865

    Prof. Yarhands Urges Mahama to Adopt Constituency-Based Presidential Staffing

    January 23, 2025737

    Provisional Results: NDC leading 13 regions with 56.44%

    December 8, 2024712
    Don't Miss

    Coronavirus disease 2019

    By Adnan AdamsMay 19, 2026

    COVID-19 is a contagious disease caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. In January 2020, the disease…

    Pra River Turns Gold: residents cry out over devastating galamsey impact

    May 18, 2026

    Data Is the New Gold — But Most Nations Are Still Digging With Shovels

    May 18, 2026

    “Hands Off GoldFields”: veteran journalist slams IEA ‘populism’ over Tarkwa lease renewal

    May 18, 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Newsguide Africa is a digital news platform dedicated to providing accurate, timely, and insightful coverage of the African continent. From business and technology to lifestyle and cultural heritage, we go beyond the headlines to offer context and a positive, authentic narrative for the global African diaspora and local readers alike.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Coronavirus disease 2019

    May 19, 2026

    Pra River Turns Gold: residents cry out over devastating galamsey impact

    May 18, 2026

    Data Is the New Gold — But Most Nations Are Still Digging With Shovels

    May 18, 2026
    Most Popular

    BREAKING: Another helicopter crashes in Kenya, Several Feared Dead

    August 7, 20251,866

    Alpha Energy to begin works on Namibia’s largest offshore diamond mines in October

    September 14, 2024865

    Prof. Yarhands Urges Mahama to Adopt Constituency-Based Presidential Staffing

    January 23, 2025737

    © 2026 Newsguide Africa. All rights reserved.

    • Home
    • Science

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.